One night we were discussing whether or not he should coach next spring. It is such a huge commitment and very time consuming. With a new baby in the house, he thought it might be too much to continue coaching. I told him that if he would really miss it, he should do it. He simply said that he wanted me to know that he was a really good coach (he never trumps himself up!) but that he was ready to spend his time with his family.
Emilia was in the room with us at the time. Roger said to her, "Emilia, daddy knows enough about soccer that he could turn you into the world's best soccer player. Do you want me to turn you into the world's best soccer player?" Her reply, quick and simple, "No. I want you to turn me into a unicorn." What a laugh we had.
Anyway, I am so proud of Roger. He is a wonderful coach and mentor to his soccer girls!
**I posted this picture of us at his soccer banquet. Sorry about the lady in the background. She obviously was trying to dodge the camera.
1 comment:
hi. i just came across your blog and when i saw this post i thought "wow, cool".... by daughter attends NW. she is totally not an athlete though. LOL
Post a Comment