Thursday, January 15, 2009

another year older

My birthday was last Friday, the day after Avery's. Last year, I was recovering from a c-section (yuck!!!) on my birthday, and eating broth for supper. This year was much more enjoyable. Roger and the girls took me out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. I always get the filet, well-done, and a baked potato. So yummy! Roger spared me the humiliation of letting our server know that it was my birthday...there was no way I was getting on that saddle!
When the servers started dancing in the aisles, the girl closest to us asked Emilia and Avery if they wanted to dance. Emilia thought about it for a minute, but decided against it. Avery didn't hesitate when we handed her to the server. When the song was done, Avery held on tight. She didn't want to come back and sit down with us! Is she going to be our social butterfly?
I ended the night with a few good presents and some chocolate! Thank you, Roger, Emmie and Avery, for making my birthday special!




1 comment:

Tricia said...

So glad you had a fun birthday! And that you didn't have to eat broth for your birthday dinner!