Sunday, August 29, 2010

kindergarten...here i come


the last page of our kindergarten countdown



Emilia started afternoon Kindergarten last week. She loved it. She especially enjoyed p.e. and art.
My mom stayed home and watched Lydia while Avery and I took Emilia to school her first day. Avery was convinced that she was going to school, too. She had to wear her backpack and even tried to sit down and play with play dough at a table in Emilia's classroom. Neither Emilia or I cried when it was time for me to leave. We were both ready for this new adventure.
The first week of school I took her and picked her up. Starting today I will still take her to school, but she will get to ride the bus home. She is really excited to ride it. Another little girl in her class will be riding the same bus. Saturday, Emilia asked if it was the day she was going to get to ride the bus home. I told her that it was Saturday and she wouldn't be going to school. She said, "But mommy, you said that I would be going to school every day." So we had to have the lesson of weekdays and weekends again. It will be fun to meet her at the bus stop and see my little kindergartener get off of that big yellow bus!
We are really excited about her teacher, school and the upcoming school year. Watch out kindergarten...here she comes.











1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow! Kindergartan! So glad that it has been a great experience for her. She is so big...getting off that bus! I love all the pictures. The pink socks are so cute!